Sunday 5th September from 2pm
The Solheim Cup is a really fun and exciting team event between Team Europe and Team USA, the female version of the Ryder cup. This year it will be held on the 31st August-6th September in America. To mark the occasion we are hosting a similar event at Stonebridge on Sunday 5th September from 2pm.
This will be the first event where we have joined up Hannah’s Women’s coaching and Aaron’s Junior coaching, so we really hope to see lots of you play!
- Women and girls team event
- Open to all women and girls in coaching with Hannah or Aaron. We hope to see a full range of abilities on the day and will pair up less experienced players with more experienced players.
- On entry you will be assigned to a team either Team Europe or Team USA and on the day you will play out on the golf course playing in a pair.
- Greensomes format (see below for details)
- 9 holes played on the Somers course
- Games out on the course will win points for your team
- Lots of individual and team prizes up for grabs!
- Green Fee NOT included in the price
How to Play Greensomes
All four golfers will hit on the first tee box. Teammates will then elect which one of their two balls came to rest in the best location, which will be hit next. The golfer who has hit it there will let her teammate hit the second shot and they will alternate as such until their one ball is holed out.
After each hole, the best scores of both teams are compared and the team with the lowest score is said to have won the hole. The same thing occurs for every hole until the match ends.